Thursday, April 9, 2015

Lips Amigurumi Free Pattern


I've been making some amigurumis lately, with patterns mostly I got from the web for free. They're great, only sometimes it takes me longer to make some adjustments because I want them really small, for a keychain, a pendant, or a bracelet charm. It's almost the same as making a pattern, so I guess I already had enough practice and decided to make my own patterns. I'm going to start with an easy one here, lips amigurumi


What you need:
Cotton crochet thread (color of your choice)
1.40mm crochet hook
Stuffing
Yarn needle (to sew the parts together)
Stitch marker (it's good to use one)

With these materials, I ended up with a small amigurumi, approximately 1.8 inches by 0.9 inch, the one on top, the smaller one in the picture. The bigger one is 2 inches by 1.2 inches approximately where I used a bigger hook, 1.60mm. Both have about half an inch thickness. 

Terms used:
sc - single crochet
inc - increase which is 2 single crochet in one stitch
dec - decrease which is single crochet 2 together

Upper lip
Magic ring
Row 1:         6 single crochet (tighten ring then work in spirals)
Row 2-3:      sc in each stitch around (6)
Row 4:         *sc, inc* repeat from * to * around (9)
Row 5:         *2sc, inc* repeat from * to * around (12)
Row 6:         *sc, inc* repeat from * to * around (18)
Row 7:         sc in each stitch around (18)
Row 8:         *sc, dec* repeat from * to * around (12)
Row 9:         sc in each stitch around (12)
Row 10:       *sc, dec* repeat from * to * around (8)
Row 11:       *sc, inc* repeat from * to * around (12)
Row 12:        sc in each stitch around (12)
Row 13:        *sc, inc* repeat from * to * around (18)
Row 14:        sc in each stitch around (18)
Row 15:       *sc, dec* repeat from * to * around (12)
Row 16:       *2sc, dec* repeat from * to * around (9)
Row 17:       *sc, dec* repeat from * to * around (6)
Row 18-19:  sc in each stitch around (6)
Weave in and fasten off.

Lower lip
Magic ring
Row 1:         6 single crochet (tighten ring then work in spirals)
Row 2-3:      sc in each stitch around (6)
Row 4:         *sc, inc* repeat from * to * around (9)
Row 5:         sc in each stitch around (9)
Row 6:         *2sc, inc* repeat from * to * around (12)
Row 7-8:      sc in each stitch around (12)
Row 9:         *sc, inc* repeat from * to * around (18)
Row 10-11:  sc in each stitch around (18)
Row 12:       *sc, dec* repeat from * to * around (12)
Row 13-14:  sc in each stitch around (12)
Row 15:       *2sc, dec* repeat from * to * around (9)
Row 16:       sc in each stitch around (9)
Row 17:       *sc, dec* repeat from * to * around (6)
Row 18-19:   sc in each stitch around (6)
Weave in and fasten off, but leave a long tail for sewing


I was writing the pattern as I crochet and I was going back and forth with some changes, so if there are errors in the pattern or you have questions, feel free to leave a comment. As you can see on my notes, there are a lot of erasures, haha. 


That's my stitch marker right there, just a strand of crochet thread because I don't have a real one. You can start stuffing as early as this stage if you're comfortable with crocheting with some stuffing already in.


I'm using fiber fill, I put in stuffing little by little, I find it easier to adjust or form the shape this way than putting in big chunks of stuffing at once.


These are the upper and lower lips, I did a little pinching and squeezing to shape them that way.


Then, I just sewed them together like so, attached a jumpring and a key ring.



Now, I have a keychain of my own design. You can use the amigurumi as a necklace pendant or a bag charm, too, or anything you can think of. It's cute and girly, don't you think? It would also be a nice gift for your friends. Thank you for checking it out. Kisses!



Note: This is a free pattern created by yours truly. Feel free to share it but remember to give credit and link to this site, and do not sell this pattern. You may also sell finished items made from this pattern, provided you credit me as the designer.




32 comments:

  1. Nice! But I cant keep up really with the process kahit live ituro sakin since then huhu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ako naman, basic nung highschool, tapos nung nagstart ako ulit nito, youtube na, pwede mo ipause at ulit ulitin, haha. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. I never really learned crochet but it looks interesting, especially as a keychain. I love keychains!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love keychains, too, lalo na pag gawa ko, haha.

      Delete
  3. Crochet is one of our project during elementary days but it was long ago. Don't know if i can still make one ha ha ha. Thanks for sharing us your pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Youtube was a big help when I was starting to learn again, nakalimutan ko na yung dating tinuro sakin sa school, haha.

      Delete
  4. How awesome! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute. I never learned crochet but my mom is very good in crocheting, she always gives me potholder and stuffed toys for my son.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is actually a known craft for grandmas, haha. Thank you.

      Delete
  6. Nice how I wish can do that simple stitches di ko din magawa :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pag hindi mo feel, hindi ka rin mageenjoy, baka sa ibang craft ka pala mageenjoy.

      Delete
  7. Ang cute! You're so talented! I don't think I would be able to produce something like that haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I enjoy crocheting kasi, kaya kung ano ano nagagawa, haha.

      Delete
  8. omigosh, I don't have the patience, ha ha ha! I learned to crochet in grade school but out projects were the usual doilies and table cloths. sana ganito rin ka-cute projects namin noon baka mas nag-enjoy pa ako :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, tama, kasi pag crochet pang grannies di ba.

      Delete
  9. Cute, I'm not that good at patterns nga lang haha. Maybe if we do it side by side mas madali ko makuha. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you'll like video tutorials better. Nung nagsisimula ako ulit matuto, youtube was my bestfriend.

      Delete
  10. wish I can do that, too, but sadly I don't have an inch of crafty-ness in me. Good job, though, they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's the first time I've heard of the term. The outcome is so cute! I've tried crocheting before but I didn't get far haha. I wanted to make a bonnet for my baby so that it's nice for the photos. He's no longer a baby now and I still have the hooks on my unfinished crochet. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have lots of unfinished projects, too, I just call them works in progress, haha.

      Delete
  12. This is so cute. Unfortunately, I don't know how to knit. Hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I used to watch video tutorial, you know, pause, play, pause, play, haha.

      Delete
  13. Ang gandaaaa!! But I have no idea on how to do it. Soooooobrang zero knowledge on crochet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Naku sa simula lang intimidating ang crochet, madali lang sya, time consuming nga lang.

      Delete
  14. I used to do crochet projects, too! Pero nung nag-try ulit ako gumawa late last year, parang hindi ko na alam mga techniques. I just parked the yarn and the hood inside my cabinet. Hopefully, magkaroon ulit ako ng time to practice crocheting. I love your work! It's very cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sa Youtube lang ulit ako natuto, lahat ng stitches merong tutorial. When you get the time, you may check it out. Thank you!

      Delete
  15. I've tried crocheting several times already pero hindi ako makabuo. I guess I don't have enough patience to do it. Bakit kasi hindi ako namana sa mama ko. I remember seeing her doing crochets everyday when I was young. Pero I can do X-stitches infernes. I found it much easier to do than crocheting. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo, patience talaga. Kaya pinipili kong projects yung mga maliliit lang. I tried to make a blanket, tinamad ako, hanggang ngayon, hindi pa tapos, haha.

      Delete
  16. Thank you for the pattern. I bet my teen age granddaughters would love this. I'll have to make them one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it. Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...